wioa implementation symposium
March 26, 2015
Columbus Airport Marriott Hotel, Columbus, OH
Area 7 Workforce Investment Board in cooperation with the County Commissioners Association of Ohio, the Ohio Job and Family Service Directors Association, and other workforce investment boards. Maximus was a co-sponsor of the event.
Symposium Goals and Objectives
• To provide local elected officials and decision-makers with information to effectively implement the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
• To provide attendees with the opportunity to hear from state and national leaders on the key provisions and requirements of the new workforce legislation
John Colbert has an extensive background serving on the national level in the executive branch and working with Congress. Colbert was a senior official in the Clinton Administration as chief of staff with the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration overseeing an $11 billion budget. He helped direct the nation's major job training and youth development programs. Colbert works with Capitol Hill Partners in Washington, DC and specializes in representing national workforce, education and social service programs, as well as individual nonprofits, before Congress and the executive branch.
WIOA Symposium Focus
• Understand how WIOA will change workforce services in your county
• Learn from state and national experts about the opportunities provided by the new federal workforce legislation
• Identify the key decisions county commissioners must make in the coming months
• Engage in an open dialog with peers and policy experts to get your questions answered
• Network with colleagues from across Ohio
Click here for Symposium Presentations and Recordings