A Communication Tool for Counties
What is CCAOConnect?
CCAO Connect is a group email network for county commissioners, elected county executives and county council members. The purpose of the network is to get answers to your questions; learn how other counties deal with current issues problems or concerns; and, to encourage collaboration.
Who can use CCAOConnect?
CCAO Connect is for county commissioners, elected county executives and county council members.
How do I participate?
CCAOConnect is a free subscription-based service. Once you are subscribed, you can email your questions, comments and answers by simply sending an email message to email@example.com Your email message will be instantly distributed to the other subscribers who will receive your message in their email inbox. To respond, subscribers need only reply to the email and all subscribed members will see the response. It's that simple.
How do I start using CCAOConnect?
To begin using CCAOConnect, you must subscribe HERE.
How do I post a question to members on the network?
To post a question or comment, subscribers simply email their message to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I unsubscribe to the CCAO Connect?
You can unsubscribe, HERE. You may also unsubscribe via a link at the bottom of any CCAOConnect email you receive.
Are the posts and responses to CCAO Connect public records?
Yes, any communication via CCAOConnect is considered a public record.
What are the guidelines/etiquette for the use of CCAO Connect?
CCAOConnect welcomes your participation as a means to ask a question, share your own experiences, suggest improvements, and to just chime in on the conversation. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself and follow these important guidelines and etiquette:
This network is moderated and all comments are reviewed.
Any communication via the network is considered a public record.
Be respectful and considerate of your colleagues in your postings. The discussions are meant to stimulate conversation and solve problems, not to serve as a forum for debates. If you have concerns with someone's response or use of the network, reply to that person directly.
All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, discriminatory, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Common sense courtesy is the basic standard.
Use caution when discussing issues. Do not post anything in a network message that you would not want to read in your local newspaper or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. You can always pick up the phone and call the person you want to share comments with also.
CCAOConnect may not be used for campaign purposes or promote or engage in political activities.
1) Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, title, county, and e-mail address.
2) State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to later search the archives by subject.
3) Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that benefits everyone. When you hit "reply" or "reply to all", the email will go to all group members, not only to the individual that sent the email.
4) Send messages such as "thanks for the information", etc. to individuals, not the entire network. Refrain from making comments to friends or members you know better such as "Wow-didn't the Buckeyes destroy Michigan on Saturday?" Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
5) Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the network", through the group email network. To unsubscribe from the network, follow the directions at the bottom of the network email message.
6) While we discourage members of the group email network to forward messages to non-group members, we cannot control this.
This network is provided as a service of the County Commissioners Association of Ohio (CCAO). CCAO accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. In no event shall CCAO be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of this network including loss of use, loss of data, or any damages arising out of or in connection with the use of any information or advice posted on this network.
Is there a way to access original posts and responses to a particular topic or subject that took place in the past?
Every message posted and sent via CCAOConnect will be archived by year and searchable by key words. (Example: Year - 2013, key word - general fund.)